Navigation
News
GoldCoastCB Forum -- June 24, 2018, 08:31:20 PM
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 134   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Forum Chat  (Read 211156 times)
cOOter
Supporting Member

« Reply #1920 on: March 27, 2018, 05:26:59 PM »

"Superman copy, Vince!!!"

Sunday night 10pm to 11pm I had the mic on 11 with the Youtube search "greatest hits from 1920's, 30's" playing and a slightly drunk me trying to g'tar pluck along. I rarely listen to the real old, oldies songs. (I love 'em though)

Little did I know Vince passed the same night.

His nursing home found my number among his belongings and called Monday afternoon.
I dropped over today to get a photo of him and more info for a Facebook memorial page.

I was too ashamed to tell the staff I hadn't seen or spoken to him in 2+ years
since Gary turned channel 03 off. (and everything else)

While there the relieved staff (been trying to track down anyone he knew) gave me two shopping bags of his belongings...mostly CB and scanner gear. $220 cash (his sister will be given) hidden in an old GME 4400 box (not sure where the radio is), 4 pairs of gold fashion sunnies, 2 pairs of reading glasses, 5 various sized magnifying glasses, 4 led torches, bag full of 40+ new mixed AA and AAA batteries, 240v power cords, boards, dozen or so banana clip ends and fuses he'd broken or blown over the years (lol), Swiss Army knife, small hand tools and screws, a Tandy "Voice of The World" radio with 4CRB still on the dial, handful of brass picture hanging hooks, nails and wire, still valid Pensioner photo ID card, Uniden scanner, Kenwood UFH and PSU, various broken aerial bits, 3db rubber duck aerial, and mobile phone with only 2 CB mates on his contacts list...mine and Dimmock's.

His sister will get his personnel items back. Anything I can sell I'll give her the money as well.

One mans whole life in two shopping bags sad5

I'm going to give his sister $100 for the Kenwood (DaVo originally gave me, then later to Vince) and what ever I can get for the Uniden scanner. (UBC355XLT model with no 240v psu..not sure where that went...make an offer..his sister gets the money)

From what the staff told me, only his sister is left and will be at the funeral tomorrow.
If anyone else could make it, it would be great. Only other person so far is her and his lawyer friend that's been helping him over the years.

This site stuffed up this afternoon as well...was it a sign? I think he's up there looking down and pissed off that Cooter has seen his golden Elvis sunglasses collection.

Sorry Vince  sad5

FUNERAL
Wednesday March 28, 3.00pm
Somerville Funeral Home
42 Nind Street, Southport

ALL WELCOME
Thunderbird
Supporting Member

« Reply #1921 on: March 27, 2018, 07:50:59 PM »

RIP Vince.

Sad to see his whole life summed up in 2 shopping bags worth of his treasures..

Wood Chopping

"If a clutered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign."  Albert Einstein

Well, I have the cluttered desk, I guess that's a start!
cOOter
Supporting Member

« Reply #1922 on: March 27, 2018, 08:14:35 PM »

Sad to see his whole life summed up in 2 shopping bags worth of his treasures..

Well, not his whole life. (sorry my bad)

Remember when he took you  Wood Chopping and I for the full Southport Lodge tour?
He showed us the Lodge's DVD library (secret cupboard) while on the tour.

Vince loved his DVD movie collection as well - his bachelor pad cupboard was full of them along side his tools and electrical stuff. Not sure what happened to all his DVD's.

Goldie oldies on 11 tonight are coming though Vince's golden oldie "Voice of The World" Tandy radio.

Looks like a 90's model? I cleaned a pair of his Elvis glasses up a bit too.
King Davo
Supporting Member

« Reply #1923 on: March 28, 2018, 07:08:31 PM »

Wow, its been a long time but good to see the site and few ppl,s still around.      icon_king

Come back to say G'day and since hearing about Vince passing on wanted to say a few words in memory of him.

Vince was a top good old bloke that was truly genuine and he will be dearly missed.   I only wish I had of spent more time with him while he was still around at the end and regret that I was unfortunately a bit busy with work and life events at that time.

But before that I would go visit fairly often and have a good laugh with him and some fun on the CB.    As pathetic as the CB radio can be Vince enjoyed it and always loved chatting to the members and he always brought out the best in both CB and the users..   RIP Vince and you will be in our thoughts and prayers.    Australia Flag

Respectfully,

DaVo.
cOOter
Supporting Member

« Reply #1924 on: March 28, 2018, 07:35:01 PM »

DaVo you hairy website hacker, how did you get in  thumbsup
(we've been emailing back and forth the last day)

Funeral went smoothly.
I got to meet one of Vince's sons and his family, as well as one of Vince's brothers.
Vince's daughter-in-law wrote a bio that the celebrant read out.

I wasn't expecting so many family members..I had no idea.
I assumed only his sister was going to be there, so I wrote
a eulogy and took it...but due to stage shock, never read it there today.

Below, bad grammar and all, is what I had in my pocket, but..well..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VINCE CHILDS - EULOGY FROM HIS CB RADIO MATES

Hello, my name is Rodney Stevens. Vince also knew me by my CB radio call sign, Cooter.

It was about 15 years ago when we first spoke to each other over our CB radios.

In all those 15 years, Vince, or Superman as I'd sometimes call him...he never once in all that time said a cruel or harsh word towards anyone. That was a challenging thing to do in a sometimes juvenile environment.

The CB community regarded Vince as our CB Grand father.

He was an elder among us young larrikins – he, without saying anything, and probably without knowing it, helped keep us grounded and on our better behaviour when we knew he was listening.

Everyone loved Vince, and Vince loved everyone back. He had no enemies.

Any time he'd finish up a 'chat' with someone, he'd sign off by saying...”Good talking with you..you really made my day. Take care. Catch you later.”

Every day was precious to him; he loved life and he was always grateful to all those around him.

He had a good sense of humour. Anyone that knows me, knows I can get a bit cheeky at times. That didn’t worry Vince. All though I never seen them, but sometimes I used to call out over the CB...“Sexy legs copy”..a few seconds later Vince in an excited voice would reply...“I copy”.

As getting out and about was some what tricky for him, the CB radio was another way for him to reach the outside world. Sometimes I'd stir him up and tell him ..“Hey Vince, let me know when the Matron isn’t looking and I'll come break you out”..he'd laugh and reply...”But Cooter, I have the key for the side gate”.

He loved his little bachelor pad at the Southport Lodge. At that location he was able to have visitors over without any problem. The first few years I knew him, he was at another place where visitor access wasn’t available. We'd all drop in from time to time, to see if he was OK and check if he needed anything.

He also loved listening to professional HAM radio operators and a public service stations like the state emergencies services, police and fire departments...and funnily enough, a catering channel...he liked keeping up to date with the news before it became news. His music radio would be on the local Christian 4CRB station playing in the back ground.

15 years ago when mobile phones and the internet were still a new fad used only by a few – the CB community was much larger. Times have changed a lot in the last 5 years or so on the CB, with fewer and fewer folks using it now days. Most have grown and moved away to start new families...Vince's good friend Davo being one such mate we contacted last night, and whom sends his deepest regards. And others absent due to work commitments, such as Jack, Wazza, Mick, Dom, Raff, Paul also send their condolences. There are many more, such as Emma, Marie, Richard, Andrew, Ashley, Kent, Chucky and such..but I haven’t been able to contact them yet.

On behalf of all your CB mates, we'll miss you, Vince 'Superman' Childs.

Rodney Stevens
(aka Cooter)
King Davo
Supporting Member

« Reply #1925 on: March 28, 2018, 07:49:53 PM »

Haha  Yeah thanks for emailing me Cooter.    icon_thumleft

Was sad to hear the news but im glad you told me.    I would have attended the funeral but as you know I have since moved away off the Gold Coast and am about 6 hours away so wasn't possible with the notice.   

I do plan on making a trip to the Gold Coast in about 5-6 weeks time so I may come say G'day or something, see how I go.    icon_thumleft

That EULOGY was great,  perfectly sums it all up!!    icon_cheers
cOOter
Supporting Member

« Reply #1926 on: March 28, 2018, 07:51:55 PM »

I do plan on making a trip to the Gold Coast in about 5-6 weeks time so I may come say G'day or something, see how I go.    icon_thumleft

Same bat cave, same bat channel  icon_thumright
cOOter
Supporting Member

« Reply #1927 on: April 15, 2018, 08:42:28 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBmWe5FnSCc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBmWe5FnSCc</a>

Smoke and dust, not gas. Not really our problem....but Malcolm Turdball is on-board with the BS.

Although Hitlery would have brought this all about sooner, I can't believe I was a Trump supporter. It's all BS to bring about some BS called 'Greater Israel'. (google the map size that includes Syria)

I tried to post this supposed witness video link in the Courier Mail comments, but they deleted my four attempts.

Seems "News Limited" (Courier Mail parent company) is really, limited news.

cOOter
Supporting Member

« Reply #1928 on: April 20, 2018, 05:56:52 PM »

Flicking through the channels today and noticed a local repeater on 04 operating.

Nothing is registered at the old ABC 03 site.

Anyone know who owns it or where it is?

249 copy  dontknow
King Davo
Supporting Member

« Reply #1929 on: May 01, 2018, 09:40:23 AM »

Flicking through the channels today and noticed a local repeater on 04 operating.

Nothing is registered at the old ABC 03 site.

Anyone know who owns it or where it is?

249 copy  dontknow

So all this time uz have been on Simplex??  Wow!  Anyone still on?   lol     

What happened to Gary anyway?   Last time I spoke to him I can't even remember.     sign10
cOOter
Supporting Member

« Reply #1930 on: May 01, 2018, 11:55:32 AM »

Yeah simplex...Gary's long gone...he's not even in the ACMA
data base anymore with his commercial stuff.

The site is still there with the third party commercial repeaters still registered though...
it must have been a gov site after all.

More about 4 is in the private members area  icon_thumright
number7

« Reply #1931 on: May 01, 2018, 12:09:59 PM »

Standby Davo its simplex time...   thumbsup

its not all bad - slight tweak of the squelch dial and we dont have to hear   Starvin Dimmock
cOOter
Supporting Member

« Reply #1932 on: May 01, 2018, 05:58:40 PM »

On record, I don't mind Jack now days...just sayin'.

It's that creepy cb stalker and taunter Ivan Lievan Primorac  Vas Fag
whom I wish I could squelch out.

Far out, 5th month already. Time fly's while day time nanna napping  Granny

number7

« Reply #1933 on: May 01, 2018, 07:51:48 PM »

On record, I don't mind Jack now days...just sayin'.

I like  Dimmock Dog Shit these days too....
We cant hear him   Tears
number7

« Reply #1934 on: May 01, 2018, 09:37:07 PM »

Heres 1 for all the bass lovers out there....   Guitar

Kayex - The Get Up

https://www.triplejunearthed.com/jukebox/play/track/7012311
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 134   Go Up
Print

Jump to:  

Anone designed by pixelslot.