Navigation
News
GoldCoastCB.com/forum/ -- November 21, 2017, 12:36:59 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Can't afford to BUY a computer? Make one!  (Read 2562 times)
Thunderbird
Global Moderator

« on: May 08, 2013, 03:09:55 PM »

A digital computer made out of paper clips!

http://www.evilmadscientist.com/2013/paperclip/

My nerd 'O meter just hit 40 over 9!

Smoking

"If a clutered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign."  Albert Einstein

Well, I have the cluttered desk, I guess that's a start!
King_DaVo
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 06:35:05 PM »

Hahaha  that is very cool in a nerdy kinda way but these days anyone can afford a computer they so cheap now and in many forms.   Bill Gates is now working on something else that just like Microsoft / windows did is set to revolutionize tech for all the idiots out there in the world who think things are gonna get better.   His new project is working on a new "robotic" technology where the mind is connected to electronic forms of technology e.g  You walk into your house and think of turning the lights on and they will turn on, think about the TV and it will switch on to the channel you want etc...   Blind people out there wait for things to get a whole lot worse in this world, here we come!!!!   Love Linux

Jesus    
GoldCoastCB.com/forum/
Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 06:35:05 PM

cOOter
Supporting Member

!!! disco chicken !!!

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 06:42:42 PM »

I'm saving up my paper clips.

If have 100 and 3 to make one of those UFOware laptops.

Just need 6 more ta build a 64mb RAM Cray Super Computer.

http://www.piggynap.com/awesome/cray-supercomputer-computing-in-the-80s/
Thunderbird
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 11:46:52 AM »

As Bulldog would say, beautiful. The only computer with seats built in!

They made them that odd shape so as to get the interconnections as short as possible between "high speed" parts, liquid cooled too from memory.

I would dearly love to own a real Cray XMP, or YMP!

I have 2 minicomputers, a Honeywell Bull Mini 6, about the size of a small fridge lying on its side, and a Control Data one about the size of a standard PC laying on its side, but it weighs like 10 tons, I think there might be some lead or depleted uranium inside it somewhere!

I very nearly brought home an ICL (made in England) ICL was the pommie equivalent to IBM from the USA, mainframe, complete with those neat "Lost in Space" style tape units, printers and Hard Disk units. I could have got it for nothing, in fact I was going to be paid to remove it!

It was back in the dark ages when the Albert Shire Council was still around and I had a job that involved working with a lot of their gear.

Mrs Chopper got wind of it and decided that having the entire top floor of our humble home occupied by a very large, hot and power hungry computer wasn't a nice idea, oh well  Tears

My Honeywell will have to do for now, it worked the last time I tried it, it has a key start on the front and 2 "Lark" drives. It takes about 10 to 15 minutes to start up!

I have been slowly but surely digging my way through the junk in the Skunkworks and soon Ill fire up the old tart and see what happens.

I just realised that I really am quite the nerd... Smoking Love Linux

"If a clutered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign."  Albert Einstein

GoldCoastCB.com/forum/
Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 11:46:52 AM

Thunderbird
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 12:17:14 PM »

Some info on my Honeywell DPS 6 40, big block PC, better than some smelly old Alienware thingy!

http://www.feb-patrimoine.com/projet/gcos6/gcos6.htm

King_DaVo
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 04:37:53 PM »

Hahaaha  Yeah more interesting,  that is for sure.    Tears

BTW,  i now have the fastest / highest scoring recorded gaming laptop on 3dmark11 benchmark in the whole world!   No.1 rank in the world which isn't bad.   lol    Wooooot!     icon_cheers

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/6652011

GoldCoastCB.com/forum/
Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 04:37:53 PM

Thunderbird
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 05:37:02 PM »

Yeah well ok, its a BIT faster than a Cray X-MP!  laughing6

cOOter
Supporting Member

!!! disco chicken !!!

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 06:54:07 PM »

The "P" stands for what? 'Poof'? (notes the pink iPhone in the other photo as well)

Ow DaVo, ur going so fast, use some  ky to stop the friction burns.

hiding
King_DaVo
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 10:19:02 PM »

Yeah poof points!       large member

Tears
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to:  

Anone designed by pixelslot.