Navigation
News
GoldCoastCB Forum -- June 23, 2018, 01:23:35 AM
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: CHEAP CAR FOR SALE  (Read 5094 times)
number7

« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2018, 08:29:01 PM »

I remember this 1 - I was only 4 years old..... sad2

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpNqdpVebMY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpNqdpVebMY</a>

They fixed it overnight and Dick was on the grid for the race but didnt do any good
The commentator leaned in his window on the grid for a chat in his nice maroon channel 7 jacket
The paint was still wet (they used to paint the cars back then - all stickers now)
Ruined his jacket - ended up covered in Greens-Tuf paint..   Tears
Thunderbird
Supporting Member

« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2018, 11:09:49 AM »

Well there were 2 copies of my "Alan Moffat Special" getting around back in the 1980's.

Both the copies were XBs not XC like mine and up close no where near as well done as mine, but then I am a little biased  Tears

"If a clutered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign."  Albert Einstein

Well, I have the cluttered desk, I guess that's a start!
cOOter
Supporting Member

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2018, 06:27:44 PM »

Don't tell anyone, but one of the first cars I wanted to buy was a 6cyl XB sedan. Green I think from memory.

Had about a weeks holiday at the end of my last school year (aged 15) before Uncle John (mums brother, RIP) got me a job at Hondat Smash (Miami) as shop job ferret. Worked there two years and half years. Was offered an apprenticeship as a spray painter but stupidly turned it down because I hated wet rubbing. (I only dry rub now days  large member )

One of the panel beaters called Luke was well respected enough by owner Lindsey Stevens (no relation..he's a Kiwi) that he was allowed to have the back left corner of the panel shop for his own projects.

I forget all the details about the car now days...Ford this, Ford that...more so remember what a great panel beater Luke was and I wanted to own something he brought back to scratch.

Not sure why I never bought it (always listen to your inner voice) as it was about the time I got my license at 17...ended up getting a TD Gemini from some dodgie Southport car yard instead. Ow well..no 121 Bubbles back then.  Russell Coight
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print

Jump to:  

Anone designed by pixelslot.